The following course objectives are applicable:
- Describe generic developments in supply chain management
- Be able to describe the processes within the transport chain, whereby all the players in the chain can be highlighted on their specific functions
- Have gained knowledge and understanding of the concept of globalisation and how it has changed our world into a global village
- Have an helicopter view on the transport chain, thereby understanding its strength due to speed and reliability of transport both over sea and land.
- Be able to explain the importance of information sharing within a supply chain.
- Compare various types of motivational theories
- Distinguish between Management and Leadership
- Integrate knowledge of teamwork dynamics into daily activities
- Communicate effectively in a variety of settings with various types of persons
- Describe generic developments in Human Resource Management
The ‘Introduction SCM & HRM’ course consists of the following topics:
- Introduction to supply chain management
- Transport chain and globalisation
- Strategic Supply Chain Management and Supply Chain Risk Management
- Introduction to leadership
- Organizational Cultures and Motivation
- General Communication Skills
- Group Dynamics and people roles in teams
The course is valuable for any professional and/or people having an educational background in the field of transport and logistics.
This course serves as an introduction to the field of supply chain management and human resource management and is provided on a Bachelor level.
Number of participants
The minimum number of participants is 12, the maximum number of participants is 20.
A joint UA & STC certificate in ‘Introduction SCM & HRM’ will be issued upon successful completion of this course.
Monday, November 20 - Friday, November 24
6 pm -10 pm
Saturday, November 25
9 am - 2 pm
University of Aruba